Dr. Benjamin Spinner is a psychiatrist in Cleveland with expertise in psychiatric diagnosis and treatment of adults, children and adolescents. He is board certified in Adult Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. Dr. Spinner received his B.A. from Columbia University and his M.D. from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City. He completed his Residency in Adult Psychiatry at Boston University, and his Fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry at Columbia and Cornell Universities.
Dr. Spinner served as a faculty member at New York University School of Medicine where he was the Associate Chief of the Child Psychiatry Inpatient Service at Bellevue Hospital. Dr. Spinner then distinguished himself on the faculty of Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, where he was the Director of the Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Program and the Associate Director of the Adult Psychiatry Residency Program.
Dr. Spinner has been recognized as an award-winning clinician and educator. He has practiced and supervised in every treatment setting, and has taught medical students, residents, and fellows courses on Psychiatric Evaluation, Diagnosis, Psychiatric Medication, Basic and Advanced Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, and Scientific Literature.
- Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award, Boston University School of Medicine
- Edward J. Sachar Award for Clinical Excellence, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Columbia University
- Teacher of the Year Award, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine
- Teacher of the Year Award, Psychiatry, Drexel University College of Medicine
- Faculty Award for Extraordinary Service, Department of Psychiatry, Drexel University College of Medicine